25/08/05 10:01 Filed in: Teaching tips
Here are 10 ways you can focus on worldview development:
- Make “understanding a Christian worldview” a
schoolwide learning outcome.
- Help students understand a Christian worldview
in all subjects at all grade levels.
- Ask questions: Who am I? What is good? How
should Christians live in a world filled with
- Put questions on your syllabus.
- Post questions on a bulletin board. Make the
print big enough so that students in the back of
the room can read the questions.
- Develop assessments that ask students to
demonstrate that they understand a Christian
worldview (can answer the questions).
- Teach to the assessments using case studies,
stories, or journaling.
- Talk about assessment results with students and
- Use assessment results to modify the questions,
assessments, and/or instructional strategies.
- Quantify the number of minutes, lessons, and assignments that focus on helping students understand a Christian worldview. Determine the relationship between the current practice and current student performance on assessments.